Friday, April 7, 2017

Good Morning Girls break and ideas to keep you going

Many of you know that I have been faithfully doing Good Morning Girls for the past 5+ years. Today Courtney blogged that she is taking a break.  Click HERE to read her words. She doesn't know when she will start back up again, therefore I'll be ending my GMG Facebook group studies too.


Since the beginning I have been a facilitator of my own private Facebook group that I called "Morning Glory".   I advertised each new session on my Facebook page and various friends would join me. 


At times in the past 5 years I felt led to start groups with "strangers" and ladies found me through the forums on the Good Morning Girls website.  They often lasted only a couple sessions but they were a blessing.  It was awesome to have a place to chat with ladies after doing our reading and studying.


I'm so appreciative of the various friends and "girls" who have joined me on my journey. The accountability has given me a richer bible study time and I love starting my day in God's word. I am grateful for the format that has helped me form good habits and I couldn't have done it alone! GMG has been the highlight of my Facebook use!  I'll miss that time but look forward to a new bible study study format offline. I like change and starting fresh!

If you were a part of GMG and don't know what to do, here are some ideas!  Or if you stumbled on my blog and want to grow in your own faith too, then keep on reading.  

LOCAL CHURCHES: Check out your local churches!  Nothing beats getting together with women in person!

READ DEVOTIONAL BOOKS

Bookstores are super fun because there is an abundance of options out there but I love Jesus Calling and Utmost For His Highest.  Many people start with the free one called Our Daily Bread.  You can read some of these online or subscribe by email if you don't want to buy the book.

FIND ONE ONLINE.  
There are many options online but, I know of these ones:
Proverbs 31 Ministries is doing Listen, Love, Repeat by Karen Ehman right now.
Hello Mornings helps you get a "life giving" morning routine going.  You can plug into a small group online.
IF Equip: IF conferences are popular but IF also have tools to help you grow spiritually & connect with people daily.
Love God Greatly: An online bible study that can plug you into groups too.

APPS
There are so many apps that you can use!  Here are two of my favs:

YouVersion Bible app not only has the bible in dozens of translations, but you'll find an abundance of devotions and bible studies!  The options are amazing!
First5 app lets you start the day with God before anything else!  There is a community of believers you can network with too.

I hope that is helpful to someone!  I am a little sad that we are on an extended break with Good Morning Girls but Courtney has been at this a long time and it's a lot of work!  She needs a break!  I'll be praying for her and her ministry because God has definitely blessed her with an incredible talent to learn and teach and love and reach so many women.  In the meantime, let's all keep learning, growing and walking with the King {Courtney's sign off phrase}.
sig. oct 2015 photo signature oct 2015_zpskqpepnv4.png

No comments: