Tuesday, January 10, 2017

2017 Volume 1

Welcome to 2017!  As the years pass by and times and technology changes, I feel that my blog might be evolving too.  I still don't know how it's going to look but for now I thought I'd share what's going on by posting a peek at my Instagram posts.  Instagram is so easy!  I love photography and it's a SIMPLE way to share!  No multi-step, multi-page busyness that leaves my brain feeling scattered.  {My profile is listed below if you wanted to follow me.}


My friend Becky {link below} has created a photo challenge with a theme a day.  This gives some focus to my Instagram posts.  I am not doing it every single day.  If inspiration strikes then great, but I'm not putting too much pressure on myself with this one!  I really like the key words she came up with though.

I have signed up to cut out processed food with Lisa Leake of "100 Days of Real Food".  My goal isn't to eliminate it at this point but to greatly reduce it and find healthy alternatives to the way we eat.  I have been doing lots of things in the past few years but I have so much to learn!  Check out her website {listed below} for free recipes and lots of food ideas!  I've been following her for a couple years but now own her cookbook and am using more of her recipes.

I am cooking and baking A LOT more.  More time in the kitchen is key to eating better.  Last weekend I made cinnamon rolls from scratch for the first time.  I didn't roll them tight enough and they popped up in the center but they were still delicious!

I get most of my groceries at ALDI.  They have a growing organic section so when I get a chance to "vote" between two options, I try to choose organic.  I am not doing this 100% of the time but am making more healthy choices every day.  I see progress so I can easily down four Oreos and not feel guilty!

We got lots of snow recently after a rather brown winter.  I am in awe of God and His creation whenever I look out my window.

On Monday, I started another bible study with the online group, Good Morning Girls.  January marks five years that I have been doing this format!  I am grateful for my little private online Facebook group and the girls who encourage me along the way.

That's the scoop for this week!
I hope everyone stays warm and healthy!

Links I mentioned:
My Instagram Account
100 Days of Real Food
Becky L McCoy
Good Morning Girls

sig. oct 2015 photo signature oct 2015_zpskqpepnv4.png

No comments: