Tuesday, February 2, 2016

What is your legacy?

Do you ever think about your legacy as a person and what you are leaving behind for the next generation, specifically your kids?

I know that in my home, we really want to instill a sense of LOVE in our kids.  God's love; True love. Love that helps its neighbor.  Love that is patient, kind, doesn't envy boast nor is proud.  A love that isn't self-seeking, not easily angered and keeps no record in wrongs.  A love that doesn't enjoy evil but the truth. A love that protects, trusts, hopes and always perseveres {See 1 Cor 13:4-7 for that amazing love definition!}.

I regularly check myself to see if I am teaching and modeling this sort of love for my kids.
Weeeelll.... I fail every.single.day.
But I'm trying!
It's my goal and my hope.  And in this, even with my failures, I have a peace that passes understanding.

God's love can be taught and passed onto another generation.
I pray that I leave this love legacy for my family because ultimately that's what matters most.

Do you think about the legacy you are leaving?  Do you actively live knowing that one day you will be gone?  What memories will you leave for your friends and family?


This has been inspired by Job 21:21...
"For they will not care what happens to their family after they are dead."  
I am currently reading through the book of Job with my bible study group Good Morning Girls.
sig. oct 2015 photo signature oct 2015_zpskqpepnv4.png

1 comment:

Amber L. said...

I loved this Mary! Great thing to think about!