Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Homemade dog treats

As I was getting this post ready, I realized I never did share here on my blog that we got a new dog!  His name is Stonewall and he is a Bugg... a Boston Terrier/Pug mix.  Here he is!  {PS.  Do you see my new social media buttons over on the right side bar?  I am on Instagram and shared lots of pics of him there if you are interested.}


I'll have to write a whole post later this week about him!  But for now I wanted to tell you about these homemade treats!


I searched the internet and found a couple different recipes because I ran out of a boxed variety that I heard weren't so healthy anyway.  The first one I tried only had 3 ingredients, which I had on hand!  Canned sweet potatoes, flour and egg.  I can't recall where I got the recipe but it made a jar full that lasted 14 days.  I cut them in half as you can see in the upper right-hand corner.


Last night I made a different batch.  These ones were these same size but made about 1/4 more so I think these will last longer.  Plus Stonewall isn't eating as much as his potty training is going great!


If you are interested in the recipes just click on the photos to enlarge.  If you have any questions, let me know!

sig. oct 2015 photo signature oct 2015_zpskqpepnv4.png

No comments: