Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Recycled toy containers

If you follow my Facebook page HERE, you may have seen this photo:

source
I organized my son's toys into various bins, reusing washed out cat litter bins that I got from friends.  They are a great size and stack well!

I sorted the toys into different categories.
{If you have young boys I sorted by Pirate toys, Disney toys {Figurines from Toy Story, Cars & Planes}, Toy food and dishes, Imaginex & Angry Birds fit into one, Rescue Bots, Power Rangers, and vehicles.  I need more containers for Duplo, weapons and Lego.  For now they are kept in something else.  Plus I have a toy box for all the larger toys and a laundry basket for dress up.}

I made simple labels on the computer.

I used scrapbook paper to cover the kitty labels.

I covered the front in packing tape to prevent peeling.

Here's the finished product:


Eliminate Huge Mess Tip:  If you have a lot of small toys, keep them up high and make kids clean up all contents of one bin before they can get another down!

On another note, A Productive Endeavor is here on blogspot.
On Facebook, here.
And on Instagram, here.
I try not to duplicate content on each social media outlet so would love to see you on each one!

And don't forget...
It really is encouraging to me!
sig. oct 2015 photo signature oct 2015_zpskqpepnv4.png

1 comment:

Amber L. said...

I love this idea!!! I need to buy cat litter in those great containers so I can do this!