Friday, September 18, 2015

Lighten up

A bunch of grouches, I say!
Everyone takes themselves far too seriously!
Really!
And far too often, that'd include me.  Oh and my kids... yes they need to chill out too.

People I have a message today!  And it's for myself before anyone else.

CHILL OUT!
RELAX!!!
And....
LIGHTEN UP YOUR MOOD!  SMILE!  BRIGHTEN YOUR FACE!



The things that rob us of our joy aren't worth it.  Slow drivers, moody cashiers, politically opposite friends on Facebook, pokey kids, the laundry pile, etc.

Why do we let these things affect us so much?
I don't want an ulcer or to die from a heart attack.  Geesh... gotta chiiiiiill out!

I'm really trying to "Lighten up & Brighten up" more, starting with my family.  This is something I'm trying to teach my kids because the older they get the more serious they're becoming.  We need to save our energy for things that really matter.

What about you?  Do you see yourself stressing out too much over things that really aren't important in the grand scheme of things?  Next time you feel the inner bubbles start to boil over, remember to try to "Lighten up and brighten up!"

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."  Proverbs 17:22

 photo signature march 2015_zpsv1e67try.png