Thursday, July 23, 2015

Mary has 3 little lambs. GMG Proverbs.

Next week we will be wrapping up our time in Proverbs with Good Morning Girls and what a great study it's been.  I've seen so many verses that have helped me come to a decision regarding school for the kids!  See my big reveal HERE from yesterday when I shared that we'll be sending our kids to public school after homeschooling for three years.

As I prayed for direction this past month and while reading the Proverbs, so many verses about planning our lives, self-control, discipline and being lazy all jumped out at me.  Here are just some:
"To learn, you must love discipline; it is stupid to hate correction." Pro 12:1
And regarding planning....  Here are three I jotted in my journal.

And more...
"Better to be patient than powerful; better to have self-control than to conquer a city." Pro 16:32
"A lazy person is as bad as someone who destroys things." Pro 18:9
"A little extra sleep, a little more slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest - then poverty will pounce on you like a bandit." Pro 24:34
"A person without self-control is like a city with broken-down walls." Pro 25:28

As shared in that post yesterday, being disciplined was my biggest challenge and I knew I couldn't continue on my own as I was.  This was a powerful reveal for me.  Humbling but motivating!

Sending my kids to public school doesn't mean I get to run back into my house, kick of my shoes, grab a martini and read all day.  This Proverb sums it up well:


I need to continue to be INVOLVED in my children's lives.  I need to know their teachers and be in the classroom.  I want to be available to them at the end of the day.  I need to listen to them and continue to guide them through this new territory.  I know my life will be busier but I don't want to get lazy.  I don't want to raise a family with "broken-down walls".  I know many changes are coming but I need to trust God and continue to study His word for encouragement and strength as I continue to raise my children with a little more accountability.

"Know the state of your flocks".... 
Brings a whole new meaning to Mary had a little lamb, huh?

1 comment:

Cat W said...

I love seeing how God has spoken to you through the Proverbs. There is so much in them that it's interesting to see what God uses to speak to each of us studying it. I think that deciding how to educate our kids is a huge and hugely individual decision. It's awesome that you all have found peace and direction in this area.