Sunday, September 28, 2014

Happy 18 years together!

Many years ago I was 19.  I moved back to my hometown in New Brunswick after living in Toronto for 3.5 years.  I looked up some old friends and Jay was one of them.


We first met back in Junior High and I had a big crush on him but he was far from interested!  But when we met at Wendy's back in 1996 {hence the high wasted jeans above!} to catch up over Frosty's, something changed.  I was now living on my own working full-time as a receptionist.  He had been an exchange student and just returned the same summer as me after a year abroad.
photo from google search
He later joked and said it was like the Noxzema commercials.  Do you remember their catch line?  "Noxzema girls get noticed."  haha!  Personally I think it had to do with the fact that I had my own apartment!
photo from google search

September 28th was when we met up at Wendy's and the date I like to go by because we have been pretty much together ever since... minus a few moves and deployments!

Here we are 18 years later.  Still together.  We still like each other.  And still dating.


*sigh* I sure love this guy.  22 years of friendship.  18 years of dating.  15 years of marriage and 9 years parenting together.

Grateful for his love, his support and his friendship!
And reminiscing today!
Praying for many more years together!

post signature

No comments: