Sunday, September 21, 2014

Coconut oatmeal cookies

Today was a warm humid day here in Southeastern CT but I was in a Fall baking mood!  My daughter discovered how much she loves coconut so I found a recipe for coconut oatmeal cookies HERE on Lil Luna's website via Pinterest.

I didn't change the recipe at all but now that I've had them I will definitely make again and add nuts or chocolate chips.  They taste like sugar cookies with more texture and the coconut flavor is subtle but noticeable.

Per the directions, I didn't just spoon them onto the baking sheet.  I rolled mine into balls about 1.25 inches wide and slightly flattened them with my fingers.  I also baked them for 10 minutes.


Ingredients & Instructions {per Lil Luna's website}
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 2 - 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 2 cups oatmeal
  • 1 cup coconut
  1. Cream together butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla. Set aside.
  2. Mix all dry ingredients together in a separate bowl.
  3. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well.
  4. Spoon onto greased baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. ENJOY!

post signature

No comments: