Saturday, August 30, 2014

Lois Frye

Today I went to the memorial service for Lois Frye.  She was a sweet woman who certainly lived well for God!  It was wonderful to hear about her early days and how she has loved her family and friends!  She had no children of her own, but wow oh wow did she love her nieces, nephews and extended family!  "Everyone should have an Aunt Lois," were words spoken by her nephew today.  


I met her years ago because I am friends with some of her extended family.  She often brought a yummy zucchini dish to potluck gatherings.  I loved it so much that I got the recipe awhile back.  I shared it on my blog two years ago so CLICK HERE to get it, especially if you have a garden and need new zucchini ideas!  I can't make this without thinking of her!  It's a regular around here all year round!

She was a sharp lady and I know I will miss her smile at church.  She and her husband Lester {who is 95 years old!} attended the same service as me.  They were a cute couple!  Oh how Lester will miss his bride so if you read this and pray, please remember him.  


This is the verse shared on the handout today.  Good one to end with...

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9

Thanks for swinging by,
Mary

No comments: