Wednesday, May 21, 2014

"LOVE IS" framed decor

{EDIT:  Ummm my title sounds like Love Is An Open door.  Sorry... Frozen has taken over my sub conscience and I had no idea when I first posted it!!!}

My Mom gave me a nice collage frame last year.  I tucked it aside because I had no idea what I wanted to put in it but I knew I wanted to wait for inspiration to hit.  I was half thinking a photo shoot with my kids... but I wasn't too sure.

Fast forward to last week.  I borrowed a book from my friend that she recommended after I shared some of my parenting struggles with her.  It's called "Don't Make Me Count to Three!" by Ginger Plowman.

This book is amazing.  It discusses not just disciplining a behavior but to get to the heart of the issues.  I am sure I will write about it again but for now here's a sneak peak of what I am learning....

I need the reminder that to love my kids I need to live it out in action and how I interact with them.  And then I need to teach my children how to love each other better too.  The popular 1 Cor 13:4-7 is a great verse in the bible often read at weddings but it certainly applies to parenting and all relationships.  After looking at it, I saw it could easily be broken into six parts for six frames!  I rearranged them a little so the shorter lines fit in the smaller frame but it's all here:

{large frame is 8x10 and oval is 5x7 for perspective}

Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.  1 Cor 13:4-7 {New Living Translation}

So when I am impatient and irritable with my kids, I am not loving them.  
When my kids are rude or demanding their own way while playing, they are not loving one another.
And I could go on and on with examples of how in our home we do not love each other the right way.

We will never be perfect.  I know this.  But having this visual is certainly a great reminder to strive toward loving one another better.  

And I am holding on to love being hopeful and never gives up as I raise my children!!  

post signature

No comments: