Saturday, March 22, 2014

Orange Julius Recipe

When I was a kid there was an Orange Julius stand at the mall and I loved getting this sweet treat!   There are a bunch of recipes online so I just found one that looked easy {and without raw eggs or ingredients I don't have} and tried it today for the first time.  {I took a screen shot so didn't save the link but if you google it, a bunch will come up.  Oopsie... but here is what I used.}

1 cup water
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
2/3 cups orange juice concentrate {the frozen stuff in the can that you add water to}
12 ice cubes
Mix in blender.  {I used smoothie option.}

This served 2 adults {8oz glasses} and 3 kids {smaller cups}.


Hope you might enjoy this cup of nostalgia!
We all love it!!!

post signature


2 comments:

In Light of the Truth... said...

Nostalgia indeed! I remember learning how to make that in my high school cooking class, using that same recipe! Mmm!!!

Amanda VanDeWege said...

I love making these too! if you want that dry taste to it, add powdered milk (shake, shake ;). i also add in a raw egg so that i feel like i'm getting protein as well.