Wednesday, October 16, 2013

I don't know nothin'!

Good Morning!

This is just a VERY quick, impulsive post to say that I don't know NOTHIN' about the bible!  Yet, I have been involved in many bible studies!  Let me tell you.... the more I read, the more I realize how little I know and how important it is to read God's word for myself!

Did you know that that Adam and Eve didn't eat an apple?
The bible just says FRUIT!  It was probably closer to a fig or something considering the part of the world they were in.

And today I learned that the Roman soldiers pulled a guy from the crowd named Simon to carry Jesus' cross.  I always had it in my mind that Jesus was beaten and then carried his cross to the crucifixion site.  Plus, I learned that it was just the crossbeam.  The main post was already there waiting.

So bottom line... if I don't know much about a bible I've been studying and reading for 12+ years now, then how little do most people know who so easily dismiss it?

The more I learn, the more I learn how little I know. ~Socrates 

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I am so with you on this one Mary! The funny {maybe not so funny thing is} that below your post is an ad for Mormon's!! yikes!!!