Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Clearing out my Clothes Closet

I decided to clean my closet today and go through all my clothes.  I'd like to go shopping but wanted to see what I had first!  Here's a run down on what I did!

First step:  Take a before picture.  {hehe}

Then...
I pulled everything off that top shelf.
I gave myself 3 options as I looked at each item:  Keep it, give it away or tuck it away.

I KEPT the item ONLY if I loved it, if it fit and if I felt good in it. 

MY GIVE AWAYS are things that I knew I wouldn't wear again.

Then there are the TUCK AWAYS... the things I'm not sure about.  The things that are comfy but I do feel frumpy in them.  Or a shirt I like but don't have anything to go with it and honestly never wear.  Well, those are the items I tucked away in a bin.  If I want them, they are still there, but if I don't wear them this season, I will give them away later.  I just wanted to clear the space and see only what I wear regularly and LOVE!

Here's another view from my closet.  I went through my clothes last season so there were definitely some summer things I never wore that I moved from my old "tuck away" pile to my give away bag.

The top shelf has solid t-shirts, patterned t-shirts, long sleeve shirts, thin sweaters, & pants.

My bulky sweaters are in this {see next photo} "Handbag Cubby" from Clever Container.  And to the right of that is the "Flip Flop Cubby" to keep shoes off the floor.  I love those organizers!!  Just visit my website to see more great organizers!! http://www.clevercontainer.com/verymary


All my clothes are organized by color because it's easier to find what I'm looking for this way and see what colors I tend to buy.  This helps me make better choices when I go out shopping.


My belts are on this Belt Hanger, again from Clever Container.


And my scarves are on shower curtain rings attached to this plastic closet organizer which I've had for over a decade!


Clearing out the excess shows me only the clothes I love to wear. I can see beyond the clutter and see the abundance of what I really do have.

Most people only wear 20% of their clothes 80% of the time!

Thanks for swinging by!


No comments: