Thursday, May 23, 2013

Running to a new tune

Last week I wrote about my failures.  I have been really itching to get running again in fear that I'd lose my endurance and have to start from scratch.  My husband just returned home this past weekend and it took a few days to find our groove.  Last night, I got finally got on the treadmill.  As I ran, I thought about my old goal... To run a 5K in under 30 minutes.  {I was about 2 minutes away during my last race so feel it really is a possibility!}  So I thought I'd run for 30 minutes instead of running for distance as I did before.  I walked for 2-3min to warm up and ran for the rest... Straight without stopping... And the miracle of miracle, no stitches, and no need to walk!  Mind you, I was in a good mood and ran to music.  Good tunes really helps me.  I was at the 23 minute mark where I normally stop and a song came on Pandora I hadn't heard before.  The lyrics were great and had me running with renewed energy.  I found it on youtube to share here and the video is goofy but the lyrics are super!  Here they are with my comments in brackets.

And ooh, I'm alive, I'm alive, I'm alive
And ooh, I can fly, I can fly, I can fly

And ooh, I'm alive, I'm alive, I'm alive
And im loving every second minute hour bigger better stronger power

{I am so grateful to God for a healthy body... For life... For getting stronger!  My steps lengthened out as a heard these lyrics!}

I got that power
I got that power

I got that power
Power power power

{That's right... I can do this!}

I stay on that hussle, I flex that loose to muscle {Thought of my legs}
Hate to bust your bubble

Im on that other level
Imma take it higher and high and high and higher {and do it in 30min!}
I stay and buy attire
Keep burning like that fire

And ooh, I'm alive, I'm alive, I'm alive

And ooh, I can fly, I can fly, I can fly
And ooh, I'm alive, I'm alive, I'm alive
And im loving every second minute hour bigger better stronger power

Yes yes yes y'all feeling funky fresh y'all {fresh and running so long after a month off!}

Work to be the best y'all

We're good under pressure y'all
Been through all that stress y'all
Get this off my chest y'all 
Made it out in project where this project that's progress y'all {Progress!  Look how far I'm going!}
Whatever doesnt kill you, only makes you stronger
So I'ma get stronger {and healthy!}

Call me like a veteran, veteran {I've been running for a year and half... I got this!}
I lock lock it down and go again {No matter how long this break was!}
Call me like a veteran, veteran
I lock lock it down and go again

And ooh, I'm alive, I'm alive, I'm alive

And ooh, I can fly, I can fly, I can fly
And ooh, I'm alive, I'm alive, I'm alive
And im loving every second minute hour bigger better stronger power

{I want to be strong and healthy and it felt really good to run!  Praying that I keep the momentum! Having my husband home and hearing him ask if I was going to run really helped me too.}

Here's the video.  Again... Cheesy and I'm not a Bieber fan but do love Will.i.am and Black Eyed Peas a whole lot!  Great running music!


Thanks for swinging by!

No comments: