Sunday, April 21, 2013

Not showroom ready!

You'd think that after publicly advertising that I am an Organizing Consultant with Clever Container, that my home would be in tip top shape.  But it is not!  Yes I am organized but quite honestly, my home is never "showroom ready"!
We live in it.  
I'm a stay-at-home Mom.  
I homeschool.  
We come and go a lot.  
And there are days that tidying up just isn't a priority to me.
I am clean and organized but I am not always tidy!

I just had to get that off my chest, especially as I go into people's homes and now worry if they think I am judging them.  Trust me - I'm not!

Here is a pic from last month.  It was the morning of my son's birthday and he was opening his gifts first thing.  This mess was from the day before...
Shoes left randomly by the door.
My bags scattered and not in the closet.
Toys not picked up.
A dirty diaper to throw in trash!
Yes yes... I know!  It's shocking that I live in such conditions... calling myself an Organizing Consultant.  It's almost scandalous.  haha!


But no matter the state of my home, the goal is JOY.  If the stuff starts to irritate me and rob me of my joy, then that's when it's a problem.  So as long as I stay on top of the EMOTION more that the LOOK, that is what's important to me at this point in my life.

I just had to fess up and share that with the world.
An on that note, I feel the urge to tidy!
Thanks for swinging by!



1 comment:

Serene Harmony said...

I think your priorities are in the right place :)