Friday, April 19, 2013

Movie Review: The Croods

I took the kids to see The Croods this afternoon. We had seen the preview and it looked pretty interesting and fun!  Friends who saw it said it was cute so with good recommendations, off we went....  Me and all three kids.  Ages 8, 6 and almost 3.  Here they are in front of the movie poster.  Colin didn't want to get in the pic so with a little coaxing he got over to the wall but there was NO WAY he was also going to hold his popcorn.  Stinker!


I just went online to read a review on pluggedin.com to see if they shared my opinion but they did not.  So I might be alone in this BUT the intensity level was too high for most of the movie and it just wasn't a "feel good" movie.  Yes it was funny when it was funny.  And interesting.  But I would not recommend it for kids ages 6 and under.  There was just a lot of scary stuff!  So if you are the parent who skips over the scary fish eating Coral in Nemo, then DEFINITELY stay clear of this movie!  And my kids watch a lot of movies but this was just too much.  (I thought if anything the Croods would be crude and there would be jokes that'd fly over the kids' heads but there is absolutely no relation.  The language is fine in this!)

Anyone else see it?  What did you think?

Thanks for swinging by!



2 comments:

In Light of the Truth... said...

I appreciate your review. My kids are all quite scared of about anything. In fact we just finished watching Beauty and the Beast for the first time, and while watching and trembling, said they never wanted to watch it again. Do you find most Disney movies intense?? So far seems like it. So maybe we'll steer clear of Croods for now.

Mary said...

YES! Most Disney movies are intense yes! Cinderella is by far the most tame and I recommend for young girls. Snow white shows a huntsman with a knife that's intense and she runs thru the dark woods w/glowing eyes. Scary! Sleeping Beauty has a scary dragon at the end. I could go on and on. Disney princesses are targeted for 3-5 yr olds but many of their movies can def cause nightmares. My V watched more Barbie movies when she was younger. 12 Dancing Princesses is a FAV!!!