Thursday, March 7, 2013

My new business venture

I started this blog almost 5 years ago in June 2008 and here is {my first post}.  I wrote about wanting to get organized. Here's an excerpt:

"Its (the blog's) intention is to help ME get more organized. I keep an online blog for my kids and I must say that I update it much more often than I normally would because I know people care enough to read it. I’ve been told so. Soooo…. Why not have the virtual world help me yet again… this time at being more organized and productive in my daily life. I had my first diary when I was 9 so I like to write. I love getting my thoughts out of my head and SEE them. This is APE central… a place for home projects, encouraging thoughts, tips for organizing, unique decorating ideas, ideas for fun with kids, etc as I continue my journey as a full-time homemaker." 

Over the years I have shared many organizational tips.  You can see my blog labels (or categories) on the right hand column way at the bottom.  If you click on "organization", all my posts with that label will come up.  But {here} is a quick link to those posts.


In November 2012, I blogged {here} about clutter in my house and how I was trying to get my home more organized. I showed before and after pics and was motivated to start a Facebook Group after a few friends shared their own pics with me.  I wasn't alone!  The group is called Clutter Cleaners Accountability and some of the girls and I still post on it!

Over the years I have been involved with two home-based businesses.  I know how they work and although tempted to join Stampin Up! because I love making cards, I never felt the bug to be a consultant.  I discovered Thirty-One bags in the fall of 2011 and now own over 20 items.  I've blogged about it {here}.  People told me I should sell it because I loved it so much but I really didn't want to.  Then Scentsy!  Oh sweet Scenty. I blogged about my love for that {here}.  I've hosted a party, earned stuff and got a few friends into it.  I was tempted to sell it.  Even considered it off and on over the past few months but it just wasn't the perfect fit, even though I told my husband I was considering it.

Then a friend invited me to a Clever Container party.

I near died when I looked at their catalog (which you can see here).  Some of the organizers reminded me of Thirty-One.  So pretty!  And as I flipped through the pages, I saw things I already had (and blogged about!).  I saw things I wanted too... things I had already mentally thought of buying like a metal rack for my hair dryer.  I got giddy.  And I called the consultant to see how the business plan worked.  Turns out we've met at a local function and we had much in common?!  I researched the company online.  I talked to my husband and some friends.  And wow oh wow... all positive... all exciting... and the whole concept... all so very Mary!

Today, I signed up!  I am officially an organizing consultant with the Clever Container company!!
The link to my Clever Container business website: {click here}
And this is my Facebook page: {click here}


Another really important detail.. on the inside of the front cover of the catalog is a bible verse:


Commit to the Lord, whatever you do and your plans will succeed.  Proverbs 16:3

That same verse is on my fridge on my weekly schedule!  Before I started homeschooling, a friend came over to explain a home-managing system and she told me about that verse.  I loved it and put it on my fridge to remind me that it's so important to pray through all things.

I really believe that God has His hand in this.  It's all so perfect for me.  And the path has been laid out before me... hence the reason for this lengthy post to explain it to you!  {Hi if you're still with me!}
I love the idea of making a little extra cash but what's more fulfilling is to think that I can encourage or motivate someone to get more organized!

And to close, here is an except from "My Story" on my Clever Container business website:

"I was the kid who organized her toy box.
I was the teen who cleaned her friend's room.
I am the adult who loves to organize her home.
I am the blogger who shares tips and ideas to encourage others.
I am now a Clever Container Consultant in an effort to help even more people get their homes organized!"

Thanks for swinging by!

6 comments:

Kathy said...

This is right up your alley! I wish you the best! =)

Nana said...

I am so excited for you!! I can't wait to talk to you about your new venture and maybe you can help me. I need this kind of help, I don't want to look like a hoarder. Thanks Mary.

Anonymous said...

I love it! perfect Mary! Im actually jealous too-I want to be organized and make money! lol. Praying for your success and happiness my friend!

Kimberly said...

Awesome!

Tammi Teeter said...

Congratulations on your new business move! I hope it's proving as fun and lucrative as your previous endeavors. Do you think your experience as consultants and partners with several businesses could eventually influence you to run your own business? The businesses you mentioned being part of all started small, after all, and look where they are now? There's a stark difference between working with a group of colleagues and working for yourself, but I think both would be very enriching experiences.

Clint Shaff @ FranchiseMatch said...

Needless to say, it's very clear that you love your new business venture! That's really how it should be, go where your heart is; doing your passion will never tire you. Also, I admire your attitude being of service to others more than anything else.