Sunday, March 3, 2013

Changing rooms around

When we moved into our house 3 years ago, all three of my kids had their own rooms.  But last summer I blogged {here} about moving Vienna, age 7 & Lance, age 5 in together so the kids could have a playroom.  Colin was only 2 and still in a crib and I was not ready for the transition to a big boy bed (ie. freedom!).  So that's why I didn't put the boys together right away.

Well today was the day.  The kids ALL have birthdays in the next two months and will turn 8, 6 & 3. We moved the boys in together and Vienna has her own pink girly room again.  She was REALLY excited and posed for the room tour pictures.



Colin looked so tiny on the bottom bunk but he was pretty happy.  See the dangling crib toy?  Vienna moved that from his crib to make him feel more comfortable.  She made his bed and everything!  Such a good sister.


When he was laying down all covered up, Colin said:  "I'm scared."  I asked him why and he replied: "There's no walls."  Oh break my heart!  Sweet boy just so used to his crib bars!  (As I worked on this post, Colin sadly, fell out of bed.  I moved the bed rail to the right more and stuffed a pillow between it and the headboard.  I also added pillows between the wall and bed because I don't want him to fall that way either.  I had a kid go down there before.  Reminded me of bread in a toaster!


Here are my guys in the BOY room!

I reminded Colin of our family rules.  Stay in bed until the hall light comes on.  This gives me a chance to shower and do my quiet time without them roaming the house unsupervised.  Vienna and Lance can tell time now so they know to wait til 7am.

It's a big deal for Lance too.  He is now the older sibling of the room and he gets TOP bunk.  His birthday is only 7 days away!  He'll be SIX!  Unreal!

So I've been working on this post for an hour with about 3 interruptions from kids and I think it's safe to say they are good now.  I just pray we don't have any middle of the night accidents!

Thanks for swinging by!

No comments: