Thursday, January 24, 2013

Inside Chatter

In December, I blogged about a book I read called "Made to Crave" by Lysa TerKeurst.  I also read her posts over at Proverbs 31 Ministries and I swear this girl is speaking right to me!  I haven't gotten so much spiritually from a writer before.  God uses people to encourage others, and this girl is definitely at the top of the list affecting me.  

I finally borrowed her book "Unglued" from the library to read.  You can read the book description here but basically it's about our emotions and how we explode when people "bump our happy".  We become unglued and react negatively.  (Um... yes!)   The book is about communicating better and finding peace in relationships.  

I subscribe to Lysa's emails and got this today.  The inner dialogue has been plaguing me lately.  (Hence the changes to how I use Facebook.)  But just read the description below!  Again it could say... "Hey Mary Newman, we are doing a webcast just.for.you."  I signed up and am looking forward to the insight.  I had to share because I was so excited and I am sure I am not alone in my struggles!




"YOU ARE NOT LIKED."

"WHO ARE YOU TO THINK YOU COULD DO THAT?"

"WHY DID YOU SAY THAT?
EVERYONE THINKS YOU'RE ANNOYING."

"YOUR KIDS JUST ILLUSTRATED EVERY
INADEQUACY YOU HAVE AS A MOM."

This negative inside chatter can quickly turn from misguided perceptions into a dangerous reality.

On January 29th at 9pm EST, Lysa TerKeurst and Sheila Walsh will be hostingFREE webcast to tackle how to find victory in this battle against negativeinside chatter. Just log onto www.lysaterkeurst.com at 9pm ESTand join in the community! 

No comments: