Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Gingerbread waffles

I got this recipe from a cookbook called: "The Big Book of Breakfast".  I felt like something different for breakfast this morning, especially since it's the first day of 2013!


Gingerbread Waffles (makes 4)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole-wheat flour (I used 2 cups of reg bcs I didn't have whole-wheat.)
1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves (I used allspice since I didn't have ground cloves.)
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
1/4 cup molasses
1/4 cup melted butter or margarine or veg oil. (I used butter.)

Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
Whisk wet ingredients in another bowl.
Combine wet to dry til blended.
Pour 3/4 cup batter onto hot waffle iron.  Don't add too much or this will happen:


Add toppings of your choice.  The cookbook suggests filled baked apples which is another recipe in the cookbook but I just served them with syrup and whipped topping because I have a house full of sickies with small appetites.  They were so good and I will definitely be making them again, especially when everyone feels better!

Thanks for swinging by!


No comments: