I have been so bad about running regularly lately. I'm averaging every 4/5 days and I want it to be 3x a week.... But I'd rather put it off.... I'd rather "do it tomorrow".
So here are some things that keep me going when I want to give up.
1. When I don't feel like running... I don't run, I walk! My goal is to do cardio and keep my body healthy. So when I don't want to run hard the whole time, I just speed walk or change my incline or do intervals. Because honestly it is still really hard mentally for me to run 25 minutes straight. I have NO desire to ever run a marathon! If I had longer legs, I'd love to be a sprinter though!
2. I want to redo my first 5K race. It's in March and I want a better time so although I'm not training hard right now I know I'll kick it into high gear in the new year.
3. I track my workouts and love to see my numbers with dailymile, an online site and app. I was giving myself a hard time earlier today about not running much but when I looked at my record, the number of miles in November wasn't that much different than previous months. That encouraged me! I want to exceed 18 miles in December.
4. Run today to keep the guilt away! I ran tonight so tomorrow when it's my day off, I have no guilt. I know I did what I was suppose to today and it's just a lovely emotional weight off my shoulders. That release of guilt is the best motivator for me right now!
5. Friends who post their workouts on Facebook. I love when people post their workouts or comment on mine. It encourages me and keeps me accountable.
As you can see, I am not one of those girls who crave a workout or run to relieve stress. I know I'm not alone in this struggle but I will keep moving. Even if days pass between runs, I won't give up.
"Even a bad run is better than no run at all"