Friday, December 7, 2012

My favorite Christmas album

I bought Jewel's Christmas CD in 1999.  Jay and I were married on the 21st and it was her album I played first.  The opening song is JOY TO THE WORLD!  So whenever I put this album on, it is very special to me anyway, nevermind the fact that Jewel's voice is AH-MAZING and this whole album is wonderful!

Today in the car I was listening to it and the song "Face of Love" came on.  I am currently doing an Advent bible study with my Good Morning Girls group and this week we are focusing on LOVE.  Just read the lyrics and if you are interested here is the YouTube link to hear it.


until tonight 
my heart was just half full 
i'd never known the fruit which fed the soul 
but now i see what may put to rest my longing
for i have seen, the face of love
the grace of god, the face of love
in silence i feared my heart 
would remain words unheard 
inside a separateness of skin 
but now i know that the skin just veils the soul
for i have seen, the face of love 
the grace of god, the face of love
so take my hand and knowing 
with it i also give my heart 
wanting never to be separate again 
let eternity begin
if you were flame 
i'd allow myself to be consumed completely 
were you wind i would wish you pass through me 
but now i know that the skin just veils the soul
for i have seen, the face of love 
the grace of god, the face of love

The lyrics are beautiful as I think about giving my heart to God and all that means to me.  So grateful for His amazing love especially this holiday season.  

2 comments:

Kathy said...

last week was hope ... *grin*

Great post and I love the new background and header! =)

Kathy

Mary said...

Thanks Kathy. I edited it!