Saturday, December 15, 2012

Heavy heart

It's hard to not make some sort of public comment about what happened in Newtown, CT.  My heart is HEAVY and I am nauseous and can't stop thinking about what happened yesterday.  I live in Connecticut and I have kindergartner and that's just so utterly close to home.  I don't know anyone personally but my heart goes out to them. It's hard to even find words but I had to say something.  My momma's heart is aching.  

A treasure from my own kindergartner.  He drew us together.
Lord draw them to You.  I pray they would find strength and comfort that only You can bring in this sad and confusing time.  I pray people mourning would have someone to hold them and listen to their tears fall.  I don't know why these things happen Lord but Your love never fails and I pray we would be drawn to that to get through these dark days.  In Jesus name I pray.


I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day 

(Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1807-1882), 1867)


I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day
Their old familiar carols play,
And wild and sweet the words repeat
Of peace on earth, good will to men.

I thought how, as the day had come,
The belfries of all Christendom
Had rolled along the unbroken song
Of peace on earth, good will to men.

And in despair I bowed my head:
"There is no peace on earth," I said,
"For hate is strong and mocks the song
Of peace on earth, good will to men."

Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
"God is not dead, nor doth he sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail,
With peace on earth, good will to men."

Till, ringing singing, on its way,
The world revolved from night to day,
A voice, a chime, a chant sublime,
Of peace on earth, good will to men!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

wow that song is so beautiful and the words so fitting.