Monday, November 12, 2012

Music sets the tone

Back in February I blogged about Pandora internet radio.  I explained what it is and how music moves me.  Click here for that post.

Today Courtney at Women Living Well has us continuing with her Fall Challenge to make our home a haven. This week's challenge is:

Play soft music everyday in your home. Choose worship, classical or another form of peaceful music that the family enjoys. I’ll be playing Christmas music! Focus on using peaceful words and maintaining peaceful relationships. Work on gentleness this week.


Since February I have found a couple new favorite Pandora stations.  My all time favorite right now is the "Stuart Townend" station.  It plays his songs along with other similar sounding artists.  They are very acoustic and worship centered.  He wrote "In Christ Alone" and "How Deep the Father's Love" and ironically those were the two songs we sang at little Nancy's funeral last week.  Although his is an artist alive today, some of his music has an old school hymn quality to them.  Love this!

I also love the "Needtobreath" station.  I just recently discovered this and like I said in my post in February, I love easy listening acoustic music especially in the morning.

Another favorite is the "Country Hymns" station.  I am not a huge fan of country music (one my least favorite genres actually) BUT there is a certain nostalgia that comes from it.  I don't know where that comes from but do I ever feel it especially on the mornings that I'm making bacon and eggs!

Courtney's challenge is an easy one for me.  I love music and I fully agree that a good smelling home and peaceful music really can set the tone!

No comments: