Friday, November 30, 2012

Girls night out

My neighbor is friends with owners of a winery called Dalice Elizabeth and invited us to a little girls night there.  I know NOTHING about wine except I buy stuff that's far too cheap and sour.  I joked that at least I no longer buy the $8 bottles... I have moved up to the $12 range!  haha!  So this was a treat and something I have always wanted to do.  After sampling 4 different kinds, I know why people pay $30+ a bottle.  It's so smooth and far from sour!  It was just so delicious!
You have to see their website to check out all that they have to offer but in the summer they have concerts with live bands.  They host cooking classes.  You can make your own wine from press to bottling it.  And it's a family that runs the place.  They host bigger events in the grand house but we were in what was like a little guest house.  Reminded me of a cozy pub.  We were a simple private event after hours.  No fee to go.  Free appetizers.  Free sampling.  And wine, mulling spices, spreads, gift baskets, signs, tshirts, etc were all available for purchase.  

Here are two photos of the room.  I stood in a corner and looked to my right for this pic:


And to the left:


The only group shot of us and sadly the flash was horrible and our eyes were glowing!  So this is the best edit I could come up with (in a rush).  I only knew two people there but chatted with everyone and it was a great crowd.  Everyone was so nice and friendly and I had a great night out with them!


I can't wait to go back and visit them again!  The staff (Blaze & Dee) were super friendly and made me feel like we were old friends even though we just met.  I highly recommend this place and their wine!!!


2 comments:

Sunflowerakb's Yellow House said...

fun! next time I come to CT it would be fun to go there with you! (although, I don't know when that will be... probably not until 2015!)

Anonymous said...

Twas a beautiful article. Thank you and we hope to see you again!
Dee
Dalice Elizabeth Winery