Sunday, November 25, 2012

A baby's first birthday card

A friend of mine from high school and I are reunited because of Facebook.  After seeing some of the cards I made and posted on my Facebook group:  APE Made by Mary, she asked if I could help her with invitations for her daughter's first birthday party.

She decided on an owl theme and Stampin Up! has this cute owl punch so I ran with it.  I emailed her a photo of a sample for approval and then recreated 20 of these cards!

Pink cardstock base.  White layer embossed in dots.  
Printed text from my computer and I used my punches for the circle and scallop circle.
Owl has googly eyes and a touch of glitter on her bow, which I cut free hand.  
I colored the beak with a marker and the belly matches the flower.
Leaves are cut from a sizzix die cut.
The lace is done with a border punch.

I also personalized the inside for her just by printing the details from my computer in brown ink.  I then stamped the leaves with green ink.


I made her a matching card that will be from Mommy and Daddy.  I used many of the same elements and colors.


I was really excited about this project because it was my first big order and I felt honored that she'd ask me to help with such an important birthday!  Again if you are interested in seeing more of my work, please visit my Facebook page by clicking here.

Thanks for swinging by!

No comments: