Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I am a writer

Here's the low down on my history writing...
  • I got my first diary when I was 9 years old.  It was one of those 5 years in 1 books where you just jot down a few things each day.  I used it.  I wrote lots in it.  Mom found it.  Mom read it.  I destroyed it!  ha!
  • Then when I was 13 I got another diary and this one survived.  It's tucked away and it's a riot to read.  I was so boy crazy!  I even wrote about my would be husband at age 14:

  • Around the time I started dating Jay in 1996, I moved on to a simple binder and loose leaf.
  • I was 22 when I started the online thing.  I joined a free website on Yahoo Geocities where I mostly put updates about my life and photos. 
  • When I got pregnant with my daughter Vienna in 2004 I started an online journal for my pregnancy.  I kept that going til 2007 when I learned of blogger.  And here I am.
Fact: Did you know that blog was short for web log?  

I have always written because it's a great way to get the swirl of thoughts out of my head.  And because of that I have recently come to the conclusion that I am a writer!  It's weird going all through high school and not having any hobbies other than reading to having this simple realization. I'm just realizing that this is a gift that God has given me and I really want to use it well.  Just a little revelation that I had recently and the reason for the increase in posts lately.  I'm excited!

Thanks for swinging by!


  



No comments: