Thursday, September 20, 2012

Workout update

I thought it only fair to give an update about my workouts.

*sigh*

Sooooo last month I shared this really upbeat post about working out.  I said I didn't sign up for another 5K but hoped to find one.  (I have not yet.)  In previous posts I said that I signed up for three 5Ks this past year to hold me accountable to keep running.
Without a solid date on my calendar, it has happened...  The laziness has crept back in.
I use dailymile to track everything and look how many days I let pass between runs!  This is baaaad.
I'm doing enough so I don't regress but not enough for overall good health and good habits!

Click to enlarge
On another note, I tried zumba/latin dance workouts 3 or 4 times and I do like it BUT because it takes so much concentration and effort, I get drained emotionally from it. It's a real knock to the ole confidence. So, I hopped on the treadmill and ran a mile as fast as I could afterwards because I needed to feel like I did something!

Tonight I tried pilates.  Again, the focus on breathing at the right times and holding positions just so had me wishing for my treadmill!  Not to mention the aches and pains of my straining, weak muscles!

Running is easy.  It's fun.  I feel strong.  I feel healthy and I'm not frustrated.  So I hereby declare I love to run!  Now to figure out a plan for strength training!  And recommit more nights to running!

No comments: