Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Good Morning Girls bible study

Back in March, I wrote about how I had a new desire to read my bible.  See that original post here.

I am currently involved in my THIRD Good Morning Girls bible study.  The format of this bible study keeps me reading my bible daily!  I have grown MUCH in knowledge this year, I think more than any other years.


I feel like the MORE I learn,
the more I realize I STILL NEED to learn
and the more I WANT to learn!

What I love about the study is that you focus on just a couple verses a day.  You write them on paper.  You jot down your observations/summary.  Then you ask yourself how it applies to your life today.  Lastly, you end with prayer time.  Pretty straightforward but beyond beneficial!

S.O.A.P. bible study method = Scripture, Observation, Application, Prayer

This session is a study in Colossians.  I love this verse:
"This same Good News that came to you is going out all over the world. It is bearing fruit everywhere by changing lives, just as it changed your lives from the day you first heard and understood the truth about God’s wonderful grace." Col 1:6

And it has changed my life!  I used the "fruit of the spirit" to share exactly how God has changed me and I blogged about that in August.  Click here to read that.

I am super excited about this study because the 2nd piece is that it's a group study.  I connect with girls on Facebook and we share what we each got from it.  Each girl brings something diff to the table and that part is super encouraging too!

This is the first week of the new session so if you aren't doing it, I highly recommend rallying up some friends and starting! You can share on Facebook, via email or meet in person!
Thanks for swinging by!

1 comment:

Christie said...

Hi! I found you through Women Living Well and I'm your newest follower! Love this Bible Study and your heart for wanting to be in God's word more. I'm currently involved with our women's study at church. It's so refreshing to share that time with other women!

Christie
http://satisfactionthroughchrist.blogspot.com