Thursday, August 2, 2012

Zucchini bake

To start, I don't know the original source of this recipe.  I got it from a lady from church.  But it's amazing and worth sharing!  It's called "Zucchini Appetizers" but I cook them in a regular casserole dish and serve it for breakfast or supper!  We love it!  Here it is before I baked it.  I totally forgot to take a picture of it after it came out of the oven!

Here is my edited recipe because I find mixing the wet and dry separately is easier, but the original just says to mix all ingredients.

MIX THE FOLLOWING
1 cup Bisquick
1/2 cup onion, finely chopped (I don't do but recipe calls for it.)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons snipped parsley
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt (I just put in just about 1 tsp of table salt)
1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram or oregano leaves (I used dried oregano.)
Dash of pepper
THEN MIX IN ANOTHER BOWL
1 clove garlic, finely chopped (I add more if it's for supper. So yummy!)
1/2 cup veg oil
4 eggs, slightly beaten
MIX DRY AND WET INGREDIENTS TOGETHER
Then add 3 cups zucchini.  I either slice them or cut as you see above in my pic.  I change it up!
Put in greased pan.
Bake in 350* oven for 25min or til golden brown.

For appetizers cut into 2x1 inch servings or cut a huge honkin' piece if you eat it like us!

Enjoy!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A big honkin piece!! :)