Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Cleaning schedule update

Early last month I posted a new schedule (read about it here) that I created for myself to stay on top of housekeeping and life in general.  It's been over a month and I wanted to check in and report how I'm doing.
I love it!
I've tweaked the schedule a little since posting.
And I've learned that I have to try something longer than 1 or 2 weeks to see if it works.  It's been a month and a half, and my home is running smoother and I'm not stressed in the housework department.  I never wanted a daily cleaning list but it hardly takes any time at all and I feel like things are more manageable.  And if I miss a day, that's ok!  I can skip a day without having to abandon the whole schedule.  I'm no longer feeling overwhelmed or guilty about not doing certain chores.  Our summer schedule has been super busy with friends and we've had plans almost every day so the fact that my home isn't falling apart is a HUGE answer to prayer!
Something new to do is sit down each Sunday and print the schedule after plugging in all our appointments, playdates, etc that vary each week  just so I can better see where we need to be each day.  I think having ONE thing to look at would be helpful.  Right now I use the Cozi calendar as my planner but that's on my phone/computer.  So ONE master weekly calendar posted in the kitchen would be great.


No comments: