Friday, May 11, 2012

Movie review: Belle and the Beast, A Christian Romance

I never really cared for the acting in Christian movies but the more I watch them, the more I like them.  I LOVE a great story without all the unnecessary love scenes and cursing.  Plus to reference God and the bible in a positive way, rather than mocking is refreshing.  
I watched Belle and the Beast: A Christian Romance the other night and I really liked it!  Here is the trailer:


Think Beauty and the Beast in American society.  The beast is a mean rich guy who wants to punish a contractor for breaking a vase by accident.  Belle is the contractor's daughter who begs the rich guy to not get her dad fired if she can help pay off the debt.  He fired his assistant that day so takes Belle up on the offer.  I don't want to give away too much but I bet you can guess.... Happy ending!  Yay!  
Great story aaaand family friendly.  I loved the lead actress a lot.  She could definitely act!  When the movie was over I wanted MORE!  Ooo so good!
Yes.... After many crappy hollywood "blockbusters", I am a new girl.  I'll take the sometimes cheesy acting over filth any day.

1 comment:

Rebecca Baron said...

I actually say this a few years and I really enjoyed it. Yes, it has cheesy acting. But it's a fun, feel-good romance that's definitely family-friendly. Thanks for your review!