Thursday, April 12, 2012

My Fitness Pal

In my last post I mentioned that I wanted to track the food I eat.  My husband has been using My Fitness Pal for quite some time and he loves it.  I downloaded the app to my phone but you can visit their website and track food that way too.  It's amazing.  So many foods are already in their database so it's easy to find with a quick search, or even better... scan a barcode if you have a camera phone.  
You can set you profile to show your current weight, your goal weight and it'll set your daily calorie intake to help you.  My health goals aren't weight related so my caloric intake is to maintain my current weight.  Tracking my food has helped with my snacking A LOT, but as you can see, I still eat junk!  This will change.  I just gotta get a meal plan going and buy some groceries.  I want to nourish my body, not stuff it!

So much to work on.  But so many great tools out there to help us meet our goals!!


 I started that strength training program yesterday too.  So I did 10 push ups, 10 sit ups and then 10 squats and did it all over again FIVE times.  I am sore today but not too bad because I wasn't able to do each movement perfectly at the end of the workout as I did when I started - twas a challenge!  I am not one to really push hard.  I don't care for pain.  haha!  At least I'm moving though!
It even tracks my water!  Love this app!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Be careful, Mary, you might become a fitness guru!!! ;)

Julie R.