Thursday, March 1, 2012

Couch to 5K update

So I went to the cardiologist last Thursday and have a stress test coming up, gotta get my cholesterol checked and wear a halter monitor for 2 days.  Then I'll meet with the doctor again for the results in early April.  He said I could go on the treadmill but if I felt pain I should stop.  So I got on the treadmill the next day (Fri) and walked.  I want to finish what I started!  And I don't want to lose momentum and have to start all over.  I walked again on Sunday.  Then Tuesday I did 2 miles and ran some of it.  And again tonight I ran and walked to get to 2 miles.  I'm no longer following the C25K program.  I was only 2 workouts away anyway so just doing my own thing as I prep for the 5K in SIXTEEN days!  I will finish it, even if I can't run the whole thing.
I haven't had pain in a few days and I'm not pushing myself at all.  Just in case it was muscular, I don't want to injure myself again. And either way, I need to see a cardiologist because of family history so it's ok that I had to go thru this, as annoying as it is because it's worth the peace of mind.  


I'm going to try to run outside this weekend!  Wish me luck!!

No comments: