Friday, January 6, 2012

A life worthy

In the 'About Me' section of blogger, I have this written on my profile:
"I am a Christian and try to live in a way pleasing to God." 


I was doing my bible study homework today and came across this:
"We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God"  Colossians 9b-10


See that?  My goal in life:  "so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way".  But did you see what came before that?  I need to be filled with knowledge FIRST so that I may live a life worthy.  Yet another reminder how I need to read my bible daily and get that knowledge in my head so I can carry this out.  Such a simple concept yes.  But a big revelation for me this morning.


So grateful that I have the Holy Spirit helping me and giving me understanding.  God is so faithful!

No comments: