Sunday, January 22, 2012

Gentleness Challenge check in - week 4

Well my week started good!  But I def got snappy by the weekend.  Why is it so easy to yell at my kids?  I love this week's check in at Women Living Well.  Courtney references Michelle Duggar.  I don't know much about her because I haven't watched the show but I def loves this advice:

  1. "Ask God to help you conquer anger because it can destroy your relationship with your children." 
  2. "Praise them ten times more than you correct them."
  3. "Anger shows your worst side and often times when we have angry outbursts, our anger is worse than what the child has actually done!"
I find that so humbling.  MY anger can destroy my relationship with my precious children.  And MY anger outbursts are usually worse than what my child has done.  I actually had a revelation recently that ties to this.  We parents who claim to love our children more than anything else are actually the ones in our children's lives who hurt them the most.  I can't imagine seeing a teacher or friend talk to my kids the way I do and I am the one who is suppose to protect them from this sort of thing!  Isn't that food for thought?

Well I love the 3 points above as I start off a new week with a fresh perspective.  Love this Gentleness Challenge!

No comments: