Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Couch to 5K update

I have done 5 workouts so far and I'm doing them every other day.  And I LOVE IT!  I am getting better each time!  I am definitely a girl who needs to record progress and have a goal in mind!  I so desperately want to break the 2 mile mark and I was thiiiiiis close today:


A 5K is THREE POINT ONE!! miles.  And I'm walking and running for 31 minutes and just doing past half.  Ugh.  The 5K seems so BIG to me!  But seeing my progress really helps!

Another great thing:  My heart no longer feels as thought it's going to pulse out of my neck and my side pain/stitches have eased up.  WOOT WOOT!

Here is my progress so far.  Taken from my treadmill screen.
Jan.2.  1.6 miles in 30min
Jan.4. 1.7 miles in 31min
Jan.6. 1.8miles
Jan.8. 1.89 miles in 31.18min
Jan.10 1.998 miles in 31.23min

I always start the treadmill then my C25K iPhone app.  So the times are a little off.  I knew I could break 2K today but I want to follow the program and I cooled down when it told me to.  Besides, I want to improve on my time and after today, I am sure I can!  I was shocked!  I wanted to run when they said to walk.  And I wanted to go longer!  Amazing!  Til now I was just happy to be done with it.  Could be because today I ran in the afternoon rather than after the kids go to bed.  Either way, I'm a happy chickie.

Now to get me some running wear so I don't feel my jibblies bouncing all over the place.

2 comments:

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

whoo hoo! so impressed!

In Light of the Truth... said...

You're doing it! And you're doing GREAT! That's what I love about running, being able to see actual improvement with distance and/or time. Keep up the good work! And go find something for those "jibblies" LOL