Monday, October 24, 2011

Stopping to take it all in

OCTOBER is my favorite month!  The scenery is just breathtaking!  I always see great photo ops and miss them so today I decided to grab my camera before I took my son to school.
And good thing I did!
It was early morning (and a very COLD morning!) as I saw the mist rising off a pond.  I was driving on a busy road so didn't want to stop even though I thought about my camera.  As I just praised God for His awesome creation, I saw a sign for a boat launch coming up.  Knowing I could definitely park there, I decided to take the turn.
And good thing I did!
LOOK AT THIS VIEW!


 LOOK AT THESE COLORS!!!!

I just love the surprise that was waiting for me.
I was still and knew HE was God!  (Psalm 46:10)
Suddenly I heard honking as a flock of geese flew overhead.

And ducks quacked and caught my eye!

Thank you God for urging me to take the turn.  To slow down on the way to school long enough to be honored to enjoy this awesome awesome morning and your magnificent creation!

And this isn't just a song by The Byrds!!....

Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8

 1 There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens: 2 a time to be born and a time to die,
   a time to plant and a time to uproot,
 3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
   a time to tear down and a time to build,
 4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
   a time to mourn and a time to dance,
 5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
   a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
 6 a time to search and a time to give up,
   a time to keep and a time to throw away,
 7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
   a time to be silent and a time to speak,
 8 a time to love and a time to hate,
   a time for war and a time for peace.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

this is an awesome post Mary!!! I love the pictures and the encouragement to stop and take it all in. Thanks for sharing!

Be Strong in the Lord said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing the pictures and the reminder.