Thursday, June 16, 2011

End of school

When I was a little girl, I got money or a gift for grading.  I talked to my husband about what we should do but he said he never got a grading gift.  So I think I'm going to start new traditions.  I love the Tip Junkie.  She has so many great ideas on her blog.  I am going to make a banner saying WELCOME TO SUMMER.  I invited our two neighbors over who are finished kindergarten too.  We're going to have lunch together with cupcakes for dessert.  I was hoping to turn the sprinkler on or something but the weather isn't in our favor.  I'll save that idea for another year.  So just the banner and lunch this year.  But that is different than our normal routine.  It doesn't take much to make kids feel special and to build memories!  I want to take advantage of these opportunities for my kids making our life a productive endeavor rather than just existing mindlessly (as I do many days!).  Soon I'll have a first grader!!!  Crazy!
Vienna's first day of kindergarten 10 months ago.

No comments: