Monday, April 18, 2011

Pancakes

Once a week, I always make chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast.... and I always use the just add water Aunt Jemima ones.  Easy.  Fast.  Edible.  But today I didn't have any mix so I got out a trusty cookbook to find a recipe using ingredients I had on hand.  I am forever converted. After not tasting real pancakes for so long, I forgot how delicious they are!  So here is the easy recipe I used in case you were looking for one yourself! 

Chocolate Chip Pancakes, p.204
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 cup milk (I used almond milk)
3 tablespoons vegetable oil (I used canola)
1/2 teaspoon  vanilla extract
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (I used regular size)

I won't type out their directions... pretty standard... mix dry ingredients, then mix wet.  Merge them.  Don't overmix.  Poor batter on greased griddle or pan.  Add chocolate chips at that point (otherwise they'll sink into the batter bowl).  Cook.  Flip.  Cook.  Eat.  Enjoy!

Oh they were YUMMY!  The kids thought so too!  Forever converted.  Sorry Aunt J!

1 comment:

In Light of the Truth... said...

LOL I love all your condensed directions "...cook, flip, cook, eat..." I have a yummy recipe for wheat pancakes that are really just the perfect balance between white and wheat cuz personally I think all wheat is gross! Haven't ever tried choc chip ones though! Yumm...