Tuesday, March 1, 2011

First time using buttons

I save all the buttons that come with our clothing. (I always wondered why companies do that... I mean how many people really lose a button on their clothes and sew a new one on that they kept from the day they first tore the tags off.) Anyway... glad I did because buttons are fun to put on cards!


I used my NEW Big Shot to emboss the background paper. WOOT WOOT! I am so excited about it! The cupcake stamps are from Stampin Up! "The more the merrier" which was a hostess gift from my party last year. I used colored pencils on them with a touch of blue gel pen. (You can click on the photo make make it bigger.) The sentiment "sweetest ever" came with the set. Photo corners and ribbon complete the look. I was thinking this would be a good birthday card for a friend of mine who has a bakery but I think the sentiment would work well as a friendship card too

I am entering this card in two different challenges.
Stamp' Sisters in Christ is a new blog I found and they share a devotion as part of their challenge. I love this site and the creativity there. They want us to use buttons so this was the blog that first inspired me for this card.
Sentimental Sundays has a challenge to do anything (#44). Complete freedom. They have wonderful freebies and I like their blog a lot.

So that's it for today. Happy first day of March!

3 comments:

Grace said...

OMgoodness this is adorable! LOVE the cupcakes with the button cherries on top!!! GREAT idea!!! Love the texture! You'll love your big shot! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!

Jess said...

Lovely card! I especially love the buttons on top of the cupcakes. Cute!

Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays this week!

Kales said...

that is so cute! What a great idea.