Friday, February 11, 2011

Simple Valentine's Day card

I made a few cards that look just like this for Vienna and Lance's teachers. I printed the text from my computer. Made the edge lacey with a border punch. Stamped the heart (SU!) in Whisper White ink (SU!) and embossed it. Added the black and white polka dot sticker border at the bottom which is actually the inside of the card.

I love how the dots around the heart coordinate with the dots on the bottom. I also like the little heart in the word love. Did you catch that? Love subtle touches like that.

I started with pink paper because I'm playing along in the card challenge at a new site for simple cards called "Less is More". I am super excited about this new blog since it's right up my alley!

I am also entering this card in Annabelle's challenge to use polka dots. Lots of great resources to get creativity flowing!

Happy Valentine's Day!

5 comments:

Chrissie said...

I'm sorry you missed the deadline for this week's challenge. We need a short while between the end of one challenge and the beginning of the next, (which will start at 08.00GMT tomorrow Saturday)in order to sort out showcased cards etc..
Your card is lovely, I really hope you will be able to join our new one, with a One Layer Card!
DO come back!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

AnnaBelle Stamps Blog said...

This is a beautiful card! I love the delicate heart with dots around it!
Thanks for playing along with us this week :)
Andrea

Kylie said...

What a beautiful card!
LOVE the colours you used, your design and I love the way you placed your Polka Dot border inside your card, a truly beautiful card!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

Take care,
Kylie X

Sue W said...

Beautiful little CAS card perfect for our AnnaBelle Stamps Challenge this month. Hope you got to see the new Feb stamps......think you might like them.

Ida said...

Pretty card. Love the soft colors and the punched border. Thanks for joining us for the AnnaBelle Polka Dot challenge.