Sunday, February 13, 2011

Card challenge: Red, pink & white

I love Sentimental Sunday's blog. They're having a card challenge using the colors red, pink and white.

The text was a freebie (available to download for one week only from Raindrop Echo Designs - link on the Sentimental Sunday's blog). When I saw this one, I knew I wanted to make a card for a good friend going thru hard times. I built the card around the sentiment: "The art of love is largely the art of persistence. -Albert Ellis"
I printed the sentiment on pink card stock. I layered pink, red, black and white card stock after using a corner punch to get those round edges. Then I inked the edges with black ink. The swirl is stamped on white card stock and I cut it out (no fancy Cricut here!). Finished it off with a recycled white ribbon.

My fav part of the card is the swirl that I cut out and how it matches the swirls mixed in the with the word LOVE.

The inside is done with stickers. "Love bears, believes, hopes and endures all things. Faith, hope, love abide these three; but the greatest of these is love." This is found in 1 Corinthians chapter 13 if you want to read more great verses about love.

Although this card appears to be a Valentine's Day card, it is more of an encouragement card. Marriage can be a tough ride and I love the fact that my friend is committed to working thru the issues they have in front of them. I pray that they'd feel the Lord's tug on their hearts and grow closer together and tighter than ever before and look to God for direction as they journey through this earthly life.

2 comments:

Dorcas said...

Hi mary! Great use of the sentiment this week. I'm sure your friend will really appreciate it.
Thanks for joining us at SS !

Joanna K (aka Asia K) said...

I love this romantic creation! Beautiful use of the challenge colours ;) Thank you for joining us at Sentimental Sundays ;D