Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Card challenge: Pink, blue & brown

I hosted a Stampin Up! card party on Saturday. When I sat down to make my thank you cards on Sunday, I looked online for a challenge first for inspiration. I couldn't find one so I just made a card all by myself - no challenge or color themes. I wanted to use my monkey stamp and happy colors so I just.made.this!!!
What was super ironic is that TODAY I saw this challenge on Annabelle Stamps. Pink, blue and brown were the color theme! Crazy or what?! So now I get to play along and maybe win a prize after all!!

The stamp is a Stampendous Changito monkey stamp. I stamped it in brown then colored with Crayola colored pencils. The thank you stamp is SU! as is the pearl and pink "regal rose" paper. I love how the paper and ink match PERFECTLY!
I used a piercing tool to make little markings on the edge of the pink paper too.
Finished with a little blue bow and voila.
An unexpected card challenge entry. Thanks Annabelle!!

4 comments:

Kylie said...

What a fun card! LOVE your adorable image and your card design, super fun!!!
Thanks for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

Take Care,
Kylie X

Liz Weber said...

A very cute card Mary, loving that cute monkey, love the design of your card. How great that your card is perfect for the AnnaBelle Stamps colour challenge, thanks for playing along! Good Luck!

Andrea said...

Great card, and it was perfect for our challenge!
Thanks for playing along this week :)
Andrea

Sue Kohler said...

this is such a cute card, the background is superb! Thanks for joining in the fun at AnnaBelle Stamps! :)