Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sentimental Sunday color challenge

I'm participating in a color challenge over at Sentimental Sunday. I didn't use these exact colors but found stuff that was pretty close. Sadly my picture isn't great but I hope you can still appreciate it.

TEXT
My sister's birthday is next month so this is for her. I used the link on the challenge for the "Sending good wishes and butterfly kisses" which was done by Sylvia's Sentiments. I downloaded it then printed it out on yellow cardstock. I colored the butterfly orange. The corners were cut with a corner punch from Creative Memories.
I printed "Happy 20th Birthday Michelle" on white card stock. Used my Stampin Up! oval punch and inked the edges. I layered the orange scallop oval behind that, which is also a SU! punch. That's held on with pop up dots so it's raised.

BORDER
The lighter green border was made with a Fiskars border punch. I just punched a narrow piece of paper on both sides.

BUTTERFLIES
The large butterfly is a SU! punch. I covered one wing with a post-it note while I stamped a big flower over the other wing. Then did the other side the same way. Only the body is glued to the paper so the wings are free. I colored the body black and drew antennae with a silver pen.
The smaller butterflies are just stickers.

Think that's about it. :o)

5 comments:

Shirl said...

Your sister will love this card Mary, the sentiment is perfect. Great use of the colours, thanks for sharing with us at Sentimental Sundays.
Hugs Shirley x x

MrsK said...

Hey Mary

Great creation lass! Thanks for playing along with Sentimental Sundays this week! Hugz Sal x

Ann English said...

Lovely card!
Thank you for joining us this week at Sentimental Sundays. I hope to see you again soon!

Cheryl said...

You created such a lovely card for your sister!

Thank you for joining our color challenge at Sentimental Sundays .

~Cheryl~

Jeanet said...

Great birthday card! Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays. Hugs, Jeanet