Thursday, January 20, 2011

First time homemade chicken broth & soup

I referred to my all time fav cookbook "The America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook" when I wanted to make my first chicken broth. I followed the recipe for turkey broth but other than the bird type, everything else was followed to a T.
(You can click on the image below to enlarge it.)
I love this cookbook because of the little side notes. I learned why a gentle simmer is best for soups. And I put the noodles and meat in last per their tip.

I also made dumplings. Here is their recipe for those too. So easy and delicious!


1 comment:

Wonderwoman said...

I love cookbooks, especially cookbooks with 'tips' in them. We just happen to be cooking a turkey this coming Sunday. I'll have to plan on making dumplings during the week.