Monday, January 31, 2011

DYSU card challenge: patterned paper

Playing along at Do You Stack Up. Found me some pretty patterned paper and voila:

FLOWERS:
I saw a pattern for these 3D flowers in a book I have and I like how they are triangular and flow with the patterned paper.
The green bud of the flower was just a triangle I cut and used funky scissors on one edge. I cut the stems out of green cardstock and the leaves are from a punch. The punch was actually a branch and I just used the leaf on the end.

I used my piercing tool and added some holes in one corner.

And one of my favorite things about this card... I added this pre-made pop up sticker and look at the background! I love how it matches my patterned paper. And I just chose this sticker for the colors! Oh how this made me happy!


7 comments:

Peggysue said...

So very clever! You made an impressive card with the folded flowers. I never have that kind of luck when trying to use pre-made tags and things. Nothing matches! Thanks so much for playing along with us at DYSU. Please join us again next week!

WencheP said...

Beautiful card, love the flowers. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

princesskitten said...

oh wow - love the paper folding

kitten DYSU team

Janna said...

Hi Mary! The flowers are AWESOME! Thanks so much for sharing your lovely patterned paper card with us at DYSU! Janna

Jo said...

Lovely Card! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at DYSU! Hope to see you next time.

Miranda said...

very pretty, lovely flowers
thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week

hugs
Miranda

Wonderwoman said...

I really like this card! Love flowers.