Sunday, January 16, 2011

Card challenge RRR16

Really Reasonable Ribbon is hosting a card challenge using ribbon and hearts. My grandmother's birthday is in February so I decided to do her card with those elements. She loves the color red too (her kitchen is even red) so how perfect is that?!


PAPER:
I started by going thru my red papers and was inspired by the paisleys. I edged that paper with my Fiskars lace border punch.

RIBBON:
Inexpensive stuff from the local craft store. Offray brand. 1/4 inch. I made the bow separately and then glued it on.

HEARTS:
I used a stencil to draw the red heart they layered the darker red behind it. I used scallop edged scissors to go around that layer. Then I used a paper piercing tool (Stampin Up!) on the edges of both hearts. Note that the holes are in the center of each scallop and I just eyeballed the spacing on the inner layer. Two pearls (from SU!) for a mature look and then finished it off with Crayola glitter glue around the outter edge.
The smaller heart is a sticker.

FLOWERS:
I made the flowers using a scallop circle punch (SU!) and cut into the center to create petals. I rubbed the edges in two different shades of red ink. Another little flower punch (SU!) for the center. Little pearls (SU!) complete the look.

SENTIMENT:
I hand wrote the text "Birthday Love to you" with the white pen from Stampin Up! The quality of that pen is better than the cheaper ones I've gotten at the craft store.
I think that's about it!

4 comments:

Emily said...

How is one to get products from Stampin UP? I really like that card Mary!

Mary said...

Just order thru a local demonstrator. Tracey is one. http://www.traceystamps.com/

Tracey Brossart said...

So pretty! :D

♥Tracey♥...ƸӜƷ

Bonnie - Really Reasonable Ribbon said...

Great card! Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.