Monday, December 6, 2010

Monthly Monday Meanderings

Happy December! I'm a week off from my monthly update but better late than never!

SPIRITUAL LIFE
This is a great month to get on track spiritually. So much Jesus Joy around! hehe... I praise Him more often while listening to Christmas music. We're teaching the kids about Christmas and traditions. It's so wonderful! I know that's truly why Christmas is such a great time of year... we are closer to our Creator just as He wants.
Starting tomorrow, my friend Kaley and I will be starting our second bible study together. She lives in Toronto and I'm in Connecticut but we connect weekly by phone to pray together and to work thru a study together. It's a great way to stay connected to a great friend plus we hold each other accountable. We did Power of a Praying Wife already and now we are moving onto Power of a Praying Parent. We each have 3 kids around the same ages so I know this will be good for me! And I love talking to her weekly. She is like a sister to me.

HUSBAND ENCOURAGEMENT
Ugh! I have failed this month is this department. Jay has been working wacky hours and because of that I just haven't prioritized him. I get in pure survival mode with the kids.... and I'm soooo tired. I can't even tell you how often I fall asleep on the couch sitting up after the kids go to bed! But Jay does appreciate a cozy clean home and a warm meal when he gets home so that's my goal this week.

TRAIN THEM UP
We are teaching the kids a lot about Christmas right now. We are working thru this amazing book that points all things about Christmas to CHRIST! I love the concept and we are truly keeping Jesus as the center of it all. The kids are super excited about everything (ornaments, lights, candy canes, etc) I will take every opportunity to teach them about the reason we celebrate. I highly recommend this book. (I sound like my friend Kathy now! hehehe - She introduced the book to me and a bunch of us got the book at a Moms Group we attend!)
PERSONAL GOALS
Well I don't have many this month! Last month, I mentioned I'd be getting together with a friend to work out/watch each others kids but we decided to start that in the new year after the busy holidays. So this month I'm simply saying NO to many extras and keeping it simple. Colin naps so much and I don't like going out unless I must. It's hard to be a homemaker when I'm not home to do it. Keeping busy at HOME is really the only focus this month.

NEW HABIT
Laundry. Ugh. I need to put it away after washing it. I am seriously considering putting the kids dressers in my room so we have a dressing area. All the clean clothes would be in one spot and this would make it easier for me. A clever idea I got from MckMama! Click on her site to see how she does it. It's my dream!!!!

MUST DO
Laundry. Meals. Finish Christmas shopping. Wrap. Get the 2nd half of my cards mailed.

ZONE
My kitchen and catch all bedroom. Totally a sty!

MENU
To do after I post this. I am going grocery shopping tomorrow while V&L are in school. I know that much!

FUN THINGS
Military Moms this week and other than the regular school schedule, I want to stay in to accomplish stuff. The next couple weeks are loaded... I'm hosting a gathering for military moms, the kids are in a Christmas play, MOPS next Tuesday... other than that, I am saying NO to many evening events.

THINGS TO BE GRATEFUL FOR
1. Jesus' birth. My life is filled with Joy because of Him. I live my life to be pleasing to God and this gives me focus and purpose.
2. Salvation. Religion is man's attempt to reach God. Jesus is God's attempt to reach man. We can not do it on our own. You'll only understand if you seek with an open heart. Key word... open.
3. Christmas. It's awesome how EVIDENT Christ is by this holiday. Some people try so hard to get Him out of it and it's almost humorous. It's not a holiday tree people. It's not BCE. It's Before Christ.... He's in so many things. He's all around. And it's SUPER AWESOME!

Merry CHRISTmas!!!

Monday Meanderings started over at In Light of the Truth

No comments: